HWZBB

The only BlackBerry community you will want to be in Singapore. Singapore BlackBerry users, unite!

The National Steps Challenge (2015)

National Steps Challenge Poster

The Health Promotion Board (HPB) of Singapore has recently launched a new initiative/program here in Singapore for Singaporeans. To promote a healthier lifestyle and awareness programmes for the residents in Singapore, HPB wants to push awareness that healthy lifestyle can be part of our lives and in this case, with the single step. As such, as part of the promotion, the HPB is giving away a free pedometer, that doubles up as a watch to those whom have signed up.

There are roughly 700 units per day up for grabs at their various roadshows available at their website here, which are held usually on the weekends.

Coming in both blue and black, the free pedometer is limited to just one set per person (NRIC), however, they do get snapped up everyday.

The pedometer, like most of the smartwatches out there, allows you to track the number of steps you have taken and show you its battery life left and the number of steps taken. That is pretty much it, considering that there is no official way from Actxa or HPB yet to customize the settings (not even between 12-24 hour time display).

The challenge, however, is set to start only on the 7 of November, but once it has started, all the steps you are going to take will help you to accumulate points. There are 3 tiers everyday, starting with 5,000 followed by 7,500 and last but not least 10,000 steps where you get 15, 45 and 60 points respectively. So what can you do with the points? Well, you can use it to redeem sure-win rewards and vouchers. Even if you do not redeem, every 750 points you earn will enroll you into a lucky draw.

So how can you participate? Well, as usual, the bias-ness of developer (and in this case, HPB), meant that only the Apple iPhones and Android devices (iOS 8.0 and above – Android 4.3 and above) are supported, however that said, there are more than 15 android devices that are found to be incompatible and the list is still growing. The list below is what is listed officially as of 17 October, however, as I found out on site with the technical support, iNO phones are found to be not compatible/supported as well. On the bright side, however, BlackBerry Devices are supported and working as tested by myself and other’s.

Spoiler Inside: Getting it to work SelectShow

Note that this promotion is open to all Singaporeans and PR’s and you must use the free pedometer/watch given to record your steps to be eligible for getting the points!

Interestingly, however, if you could not get it for free, you could buy it for SGD$23.90 (before shipping) at this site.

Spoiler Inside: Specifications SelectShow

Nonetheless, if you have any problems, do feel free to BBM us for help! 🙂

• Jennifer Tan says:

I noticed that the steps count for the day will become ‘0’ when you used it the next morning without sync-ing to your mobile phone. Why is it not accumulated daily till the time you sync it with the phone within the 7 days grace period?

November 10, 2015 at 5:14 pm

Hi,

The counter shows you the steps you taken each day and not in total over its available memory size. If it does not work as it should be working, you might want to contact HPB for the Step Challenge Campaign to get a replacement or clarification. 🙂

Cheers

November 10, 2015 at 6:02 pm
  • Jessica says:

Hi,

I managed to download healthy 365 for my parents. However, whenever I try to agree to the terms and conditions, “time out of sync” appeared. How do I proceed and register for my parents?

November 26, 2015 at 7:02 pm

Hey Jessica

May I know what device are you using?

November 26, 2015 at 10:40 pm
  • g says:

the date and time displayed on my steps tracker is wrong, any idea how to reset this?

November 27, 2015 at 11:21 pm

Hello,
      Upon syncing the watch for the time steps, the clock should automatically be synced. (If you have paired the watch, to your account)

November 27, 2015 at 11:40 pm
    • SamsonHiw says:

Hi, to get the correct timing and date, you can just simply connect it to your phone.

However, can anyone explain to me why I can’t sync it to my phone, whenever I try to type in the password, it always says that it’s incorrect. I’ve 2 step tracker from HPB, I was only able to sync 1 of it to my phone. (The other one is for my parents)

May 7, 2016 at 5:44 pm
    • SamsonHiw says:

I connected my step tracker to my phone last week, then I accidentally off my Bluetooth and now whenever I try to connect again, it says my PIN/PASSWORD is incorrect.

May 7, 2016 at 5:51 pm
  • CHOI HENG TAT says:

MY STEPS TRACKER IS NOT COUNTING STEPS ANYMORE ALREADY EVEN THOUGH IT IS CONNECTED TO MY IPHONE. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO OR HOW TO RESET MY STEP TRACKER WATCH? THANKS

November 28, 2015 at 9:09 pm

Hello

You will need to contact HPB Steps Challenge directly for your iPhone issue. We are not having any issues on our end with our BlackBerry devices.

It could be faulty

November 28, 2015 at 10:15 pm
  • Rudy says:

My tracker unable to activate by touch screen..

November 29, 2015 at 5:06 pm

Hello Rudy,

You will need to contact HPB Steps Challenge department or go down to any ACTXA authorized service center for assistance to change your unit.

November 29, 2015 at 5:10 pm
  • Jean says:

Hi, I am using LG G4 and could pair with the stride but upon the 2nd day usage, my stride does not restart to zero count. Is it due to the phone? So in this case do i need to switch to my ipad and how do i manage my previous info?

November 30, 2015 at 7:48 am

Hi Jean,

As noted above, the LG G4 has a known compatibility issue with the application/watch.

To swap over, just install the application from your respective application store and then go to profile in the new device. Select ‘restore’, enter the details required to verify your information, and select ‘restore now’.

This will restore the profile onto your new device. Once that is done, head back to dashboard and tap on the green button with your AXTCA watch nearby. This will sync the data from your watch.

Hope this helps! 🙂

December 1, 2015 at 2:23 pm

Ng Ho Kwang
    < --personal data redacted-->

November 30, 2015 at 1:46 pm

Hi Mr Ng,

Please call HPB’s Steps Challenge directly at 1800 567 2020 or email them at [email protected] for assistance 🙂

December 1, 2015 at 2:24 pm
  • Sherlyn says:

My situation is the same as Jessica.At the agreement page, it says time out of sync. Im using iphone 6plus

November 30, 2015 at 7:15 pm

Hi Sherlyn,

Please contact HPB’s Steps Challenge directly for this. Not able to help on our end as we are not dealing with iOS.

You may call 1800 567 2020 or email [email protected]

Cheers

December 1, 2015 at 2:19 pm
  • Sandie says:

My step tracker watch timing appeared 3 hours later this morning when I Wana wear it. Eg. Now is 11am, watch show 8am. What should I do? Reset?

December 6, 2015 at 11:09 am

Hello Sandie,

Try connecting it to your phone (app). It should sync the time. Else, please contact HPB’s Steps Challenge directly 🙂

You may call 1800 567 2020 or email [email protected]

Cheers!

December 6, 2015 at 8:16 pm
  • Jerry L Canoza says:

just wanna check from you..i have collected my steps tracker a week ago. the problem is my friend accidentally ash my step tracker and spoiled. In change, he gave me his step tracker but i cannot sync to my fone to count steps. Can you help me how to solve this case? What I’m going to do?

December 15, 2015 at 10:37 am

Dear Jerry,

Each watch is uniquely synced and registered to each person. The watch are not transferable or for resale purposes. As such, you and only you are able to use your registered watch and your friend is only able to use his or her own registered watch.

In case of doubt, you may call 1800 567 2020 or email [email protected]

December 15, 2015 at 6:43 pm
  • Ng Yi Yuan says:

hi my iphone5 couldn’t sync with my actxa stride.pls help,thanks.

December 15, 2015 at 7:27 pm

Hi Yi Yuan,

Unfortunately I am only able to help out BlackBerry users. For iPhone issues, please call HPB at 1800 567 2020 or email stepschall[email protected]

December 15, 2015 at 9:41 pm
  • Ashish George Sojan says:

Hi,

I m on a business trip in India. How do i change the time setting?

Thanks,
    Ash

December 16, 2015 at 5:28 pm

Hi Ash,

Please contact Health Promotion Board’s Step Challenge directly for help on this 🙂

December 16, 2015 at 9:25 pm
  • Lee Yang Huang says:

Hi, I am unable to sync my steps to the apps in my handphone for the passed two day.
    Please advise what should I do

December 21, 2015 at 2:32 pm

Hi,

What device are you using?

January 23, 2016 at 7:42 pm
  • Roy says:

Hi, I found out that when I am sitting down and I swing my left hand where I wear my fitness tracker and there’s an increase in step counts… Is it possible to fix it otherwise not accurate. Thanks!

January 9, 2016 at 1:54 pm
  • Kelvin says:

When charging the actxa, it always show “hello” and not charging..as I can’t see the battery indicator. What can I do? Thanks

January 12, 2016 at 9:09 pm

Hello Kelvin,

Bring it down to have it exchanged (warranty), locations are as follow:

AMK Hub (Starhub shop)
      53 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3, #02-57, S569933

City Square Mall
      180 Kitchener Road, #01-17, S208539

Northpoint Shopping Centre
      930 Yishun Ave 2, #B1-03, S769098

The Clementi Mall
      3155 Commonwealth Ave West, #B1-03/04, S129588

Macpherson Office
      8 Burn Road, #17-06 TRIVEX, S369977
      Opens Monday to Friday, from 9am to 6pm

January 23, 2016 at 7:44 pm
  • Kelvin says:

If I would like to convert my actxa device from non smart phone user to smart phone user, what are the things I need to do? Thanks

January 12, 2016 at 9:10 pm

Hi Kelvin,

You will need to contact Health Promotion Board on this.

Reach them at: 1800 567 2020 or email [email protected]

January 23, 2016 at 7:45 pm
  • Beatrix says:

My Samsung S4 can detect the step tracker, it has sync the date and time, but it just doesn’t sync my steps, please help!

January 18, 2016 at 12:52 pm

Hi Beatrix,

Unfortunately, we can only help with issues on BlackBerry devices. For support on your Samsung S4, you will need to contact Health Promotion Board directly at 1800 567 2020 or email [email protected]

January 23, 2016 at 7:46 pm
  • ong shi qi says:

Is the anywhere i could buy or get the steps tracker in Singapore?

January 18, 2016 at 7:43 pm

Hi Shi Qi,

Yes you can! The watch is SGD$23.90, and a flat shipping rate of $3.99.

Otherwise, you can also buy it in retail outlets below:
      AMK Hub (Starhub shop)
      53 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3, #02-57, S569933

City Square Mall
      180 Kitchener Road, #01-17, S208539

Northpoint Shopping Centre
      930 Yishun Ave 2, #B1-03, S769098

The Clementi Mall
      3155 Commonwealth Ave West, #B1-03/04, S129588

Macpherson Office
      8 Burn Road, #17-06 TRIVEX, S369977
      Opens Monday to Friday, from 9am to 6pm

January 23, 2016 at 7:48 pm
  • Verlyn says:

Hi,

I am currently not in Singapore so I’m not able to download the app therefore unable to sync the device to my phone. My biggest problem now is that the watch isn’t even showing the correct time and I have no idea how to change the time. Can you please help me solve this? Thanks.

January 20, 2016 at 11:20 pm

Dear Verlyn,

You will need to use the app.

January 23, 2016 at 7:49 pm
  • Betty Choo says:

How long before our reward redemption will be mailed to us? I have redeemed NTUC voucher for tier 1 and tier 2 but have not received the vouchers

January 25, 2016 at 2:18 pm

Hi Betty,

My own redemption took about 3 week to reach me (~3-4 weeks for redemption in December/New year period)

If you haven’t received after this timeframe, its best to drop HPB a call or email! 🙂

January 25, 2016 at 11:21 pm
  • Ronald says:

I just got my tracker, but it couldn’t sync. Gave me a message, “failed to udid”. Retried multiple times but to no avail. Will I need to change it?

January 25, 2016 at 10:34 pm

Hi Ronald,

It would be best to contact support at 1800 567 2020!

January 25, 2016 at 11:23 pm
  • vchia123 says:

Hi, my colleague gave me a actxa tracker but I am not able to connect to HPB Healthy 365′ apps? How can I reset this device and re-connect again? As when scan, apparently the device seem to be already registered.

February 6, 2016 at 10:28 pm
    • xtramadness says:

Each issued device is and can only be used by the intended person. This effectively means that the watch is NOT transferable, as such, it being registered to ‘your colleague’, only your ‘colleague’ can use it.

Hope this helps

February 7, 2016 at 11:49 pm
  • Mark Lim says:

Hi, I just replaced a faulty tracker. The outlet assistant gave me an instruction sheet to login to the website so that I could detach my old faulty tracker.

However, this there is no such website.

Advice???

February 27, 2016 at 12:47 am

Hello Mark,

The old tracker information has to be done on HPB side. You need to call HPB up.

March 1, 2016 at 10:23 pm
  • Quraisyah says:

How to set the time of the watch

March 8, 2016 at 3:10 pm

Hello

That will be and have to be set by the Healthy 365 application 🙂

March 9, 2016 at 10:04 pm
  • PATRICIA WONG says:

How to adjust date & time of the step tracker?

March 9, 2016 at 4:49 pm

Hello

That will be and have to be set by the Healthy 365 application 🙂

You can download it for iOS and android from the respective app stores or above for BlackBerry 10 devices.

March 9, 2016 at 10:05 pm
  • Yvonne Sin says:

I have completed the 3 Tiers step Challenge , and have redeemed the Ntuc vounchers, It has been quite awhile and upto date, I still have not received the Ntuc vouchers. Please let me hear from you. Thanks

March 10, 2016 at 3:37 pm

Hello Yvonne,

You will need to contact Health Promotion Board directly at 1800 567 2020 or email [email protected]

Cheers

March 10, 2016 at 9:15 pm
  • Zura says:

I synced my watch to my account but the time is still not right. What do i do next?

March 12, 2016 at 6:18 pm

Hi Zura,

Syncing with the app should update the time accordingly.

If it doesn’t try rebooting your phone and app and sync again

March 13, 2016 at 3:01 pm
      • Zura says:

Hi,is there a place i can get my tracker replaced? It stopped working entirely

April 5, 2016 at 2:10 pm

Hi Zura,

You should be able to bring it down to have it exchanged (warranty), locations are as follow:

AMK Hub (Starhub shop)
          53 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3, #02-57, S569933

City Square Mall
          180 Kitchener Road, #01-17, S208539

Northpoint Shopping Centre
          930 Yishun Ave 2, #B1-03, S769098

The Clementi Mall
          3155 Commonwealth Ave West, #B1-03/04, S129588

Macpherson Office
          8 Burn Road, #17-06 TRIVEX, S369977
          Opens Monday to Friday, from 9am to 6pm

April 5, 2016 at 5:31 pm
  • Wei Yang says:

My step tracker just stopped at a number and didn’t track more steps after. I synched it already but it still is not registering new steps. Anywhere i can change it or get it fixed?

March 31, 2016 at 5:44 pm

Hello Wei Yang,

You will need contact HPB for help on this! 🙂

March 31, 2016 at 7:12 pm
  • Garry Kok says:

Where to redeem the free watch?

September 27, 2016 at 11:00 pm
    • xtramadness says:

Hi Garry, you can redeem it any of the HPB roadshow(s) and/or HPB HQ itself!

September 28, 2016 at 3:32 pm
  • yee says:

Hi,

how to know the tracker is being registered? I can’t pair it with my tablet. below is the result

‘app’->’stride’->scanning->detect 1 tracker->connecting 1st->checking->steps tracker pairing error: unable to detech any steps tracker. pls place ur steps tracker nxt to the smartphone n retry

November 4, 2016 at 2:09 pm

Hello Yee,

Make sure that your date and location settings are correct and enabled on your tablet. Also, make sure that the app has permissions to these permits as well.

Last but not least, make sure that the stride you are using was issued to your NRIC/account as well!

Else, you will need to contact Health Promotion Board directly at 1800 567 2020 or email [email protected]

Hope this helps!

November 5, 2016 at 2:30 pm
  • qingwen says:

my step tracker was not able to sync with my phone after a day…I did ” unpair”…but later on even can’t find the tracker any more…how to get back the tracker?

November 20, 2016 at 7:17 pm

Hello qingwen,

What is the device you are using and which model of the watch are you using?

November 20, 2016 at 10:16 pm
  • Iris says:

Hi,
    I have an issue with Helathy365 app,I notice that the points I earned each day,60 points per day,was not counted for there days in row.
    The following day worked as normal after sync it,points earned.
    Subsequently it doesn’t count again
    I am not sure but does the app suppose behave that way ?
    Thanks

November 30, 2016 at 11:46 pm
  • Kundi says:

Hi,

Anybody knows any way to sync multiple watches to one phone? I read that you can do it at kiosks. Was wondering if i can sync both the steps from my watch and from my parents’ watches using one smartphone.

December 15, 2016 at 6:58 pm
    • xtramadness says:

In the latest app, just tap on sync friends watch to sync other watches 🙂

December 12, 2016 at 7:15 pm
  • Mint says:

Dear sir
    every time I try to sync my actxa swift with the HPB app, the app crashes and automatically shuts down. Have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, turn on/off Bluetooth and also resetting phone but so far nothing works. :((
    What’s the cause and anyway I can rectify?

Thanks!!

December 30, 2016 at 1:55 am
  • Dolly Lee says:

My step tracker out a blue, the date was shown as 02-07.
    How to reset the date?

February 15, 2017 at 12:45 pm

Hi Dolly,

Just resync with the app, it will reset back to normal

February 16, 2017 at 1:54 am
  • CJ says:

My tracker hasn’t been able to sync to my phone for quite awhile already. It always shows “Step tracker pairing error”. Please help!

October 30, 2017 at 12:14 am
  • Zhang Yang says:

Hi,

I lost my MOVA step tracker and I bought a new one off an online marketplace. However, the step tracker is connected to his account.

Is there any way I can reset it to connect to my account?

December 12, 2017 at 7:07 pm

Hi Zhang Yang,

Unfortunately, as far as I understand, they do not allow the watches to be “reused”. If it was used by a person prior then the system would not allow you to use it. You will need to get a brand new one and not a second band set for the healthy 365 app / nationally steps challenge.

You can call health promotion board for more details.

December 12, 2017 at 7:15 pm