We have just released our first public beta of our JoeMobi app which allows you to read OurBerries from your BlackBerry smartphone. We also have a PlayBook version coming soon (PlayBook OS 2.0) if all goes well. The OurBerries OnTheGo beta app allows you to read the latest 10 articles on OurBerries and comment on them. You will also get BlackBerry Push notifications when a new article is published.
OurBerries OnTheGo also gives you access to search OurBerries along with filtering by categories. We also have thumbnails by each article and the comments are all pulled in a separate tab. We also have an Android version of the app for all our Android readers waiting for BB10 to join back.
The OurBerries OnTheGo app is still in beta so expect changes. Once we get fully setup we will put the app in App World. You can find download links to both the BlackBerry & Android versions below.
Let us know what you think of the beta!
Note: If this has a positive response, we will bring forward the reviews AND FAQ site to the application – which means you CAN read the FAQ on the go!
Here’s our supported devices:
BlackBerry devices running operating system (OS) 5.0 or higher, and Android phones* running version 2.2 or higher. This includes, but is not limited to:
- BlackBerry® Pearl™ Flip 8200 Series
- BlackBerry® Curve™ 8500 Series
- BlackBerry® Curve™ 8900 Series
- BlackBerry® Bold™ 9000 Series
- BlackBerry® Pearl™ 3G 9100 Series
- BlackBerry® Curve™ 3G Series
- BlackBerry® Storm™ 9500 Series
- BlackBerry® Storm2™ 9520/9550 Series
- BlackBerry® Tour™ 9600 Series
- BlackBerry® Bold3™ 9650 Series
- BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 Series
- BlackBerry® Bold2™ 9700 Series
- BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800/9810 Series
- BlackBerry® Torch™ 9850/9860 Series
- BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900/9930 Series
- Devices running Android version 2.2 (Froyo)
- Devices running Android version 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Devices running Android version 4.x (Ice Cream Sandwich)
*We do not currently support Android tablets or devices running version 3.x (Honeycomb).