There are many drawing apps for the BlackBerry PlayBook such as Wet Paint, Scroodle, ScratchPad, sketchbook and more. PaintBook is a new entry in this field for the PlayBook but what sets it differently? Well, its time for a quick look.
PaintBook is a free drawing application with tons of features.
- Zoom everything to a scale of 1x to 8x with a simple pinch gesture to see all the details of your painting
- Unlimited undoes to help you rectify all your minor mistakes
- Load Images from your playbook and save your precious paintings in your BlackBerry® PlayBook™
- Text tool to apply those special texts to your paintings with an ease
- Curve/Straight line tool to make your paintings look more realistic an professional
- Add special papers to your canvas, It has 8 built in papers (Lined paper, Staff paper, Checkered paper, Coordinate graph paper, Multi-weight graph paper, Dot grid paper, Half lined paper, Half checkered paper)
- Full range of color palette.
- Adjustable brush size
Running at just 1mb, this is a small application with lots of features ready for you to explore and use.
One gripe of the application, however, is that after adding a number of strokes, the application seems to crash. Hopefully this is just a bug and not a limitation, so that it can be fixed in future updates.
If this catches your eye, its available for free from the BlackBerry Appworld.